Wednesday 23 April 2014

When I grow up

I think I've finally hit on something I'd like to do for a living that perfectly matches my interests and abilities. I want to either start a record label or run a record store.

I love discovering and, more importantly, sharing new and interesting music. I am reasonably good at judging the sort of music someone would be open to based on their current interests and recommending something along those lines. I've done this in the past with tolerable success. While I'm generally not a people person, I am not exactly socially awkward either. So that shouldn't be a hurdle.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the surer I am that this is what I want to do - what I ought to do - when I grow up. The only question is when will I grow up? Or should it be will I ever grow up? Perhaps this is just another one of my daydreams. Well, I like dreaming. And who knows, maybe one of my dreams will come true one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment