Saturday 8 February 2014

Choices Choices

After a loooong break from live music - over 8 months which is an eternity to a live music junkie like me - it's finally time to get back on the wagon, starting with this weekend. But, I'm faced with a somewhat hard decision on which of two shows to go to tomorrow night.

On the one hand, there's a local electro-funk duo that I'd never heard of before today but whose show seems like an awful lot of fun. On the other, there's a talented lo-fi shoegaze band from England whom I'm equally unfamiliar with but people whose taste I sort of respect seem to listen to a lot.

I listened to and watched some youtube videos of both and while they're both pretty good, right now I'm leaning towards the former simply because I want to go out and dance my ass off. But then again, they're a local band and although they seem to be on the cusp of becoming big, chances are I'll get to see them live again by and by. Same can't be said for the other band who might probably never come this way again.

This conundrum would have never been if I hadn't completely forgotten about band B's show being tomorrow night. Band A actually played tonight as well but I passed on it because it was too cold to go out. To think I could've easily had my cake and eaten it too. Argh.

Exhibit A:


Exhibit B:



I'll report back tomorrow on which show I finally chose. Should be a good time either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment