Thursday 6 February 2014

Lillah!

I really liked the song Bekaraan from 7 Khoon Maaf when I first heard it. As is usual with me when listening to music I paid no attention to the lyrics at all. It was just such a beautiful composition sung so soulfully by Vishal Bhardwaj that I loved it at once musically.

I got curious however, and decided to look up the meaning of the lyrics since my hindi comprehension is only somewhat passable with speech and completely non-existent with singing. Unless I pay very close attention and then I can maybe make out a word here or there. But poetry is more than the sum of its parts, of course. So, thanks to this nicely done translation by another blogger (Thanks, Kanupriya!), I can now appreciate this amazing song so much much more. And can say to the song itself, Lillah!

Update: I posted another better (imo) translation of this song here.

No comments:

Post a Comment